Are you looking for the slight edge which will enable you to excel physically and mentally at the highest level of football?
What must you become to one day be worth £100,000 a week to a club?
To what extent must your body and mindset evolve from how it is currently to offer that kind of value to somebody?
The Matchfit Method will guide you to excelling both physically and mentally at an elite level of football.
Our advice is trusted by some of the worlds top professionals. We've helped thousands of elite players just like yourself transform their level of physical conditioning and revolutionize their mindset.
We use tried & tested, highly efficient training methods (whilst scheduling just the right amount of time for maximum recovery and growth).
I started with the pre-season programme and god dam I can feel the difference, and I can see the difference through my playertek sensor. I feel stronger in tackles and more explosive and agile."by S. Lawal
I'm just over half way with the pre-season programme (where I started the programme from) and I've gotten quicker and more agile. My 10m sprint has gone from 1.72 to 1.69 and my 30m sprint has gone from 3.83 to 3.67. Amazing!"by J. Fernandez
Do any of these sound like you?
- Your team mates are getting ahead of you even though you know you're the better player.
- You can’t find a way to get the performance gains you want without tiring yourself out for team training and matches.
- You’re feeling frustrated at the mixed guidance you’re getting from your peers.
- Sometimes you play great, but it's not consistent week after week.
- You're desperate to improve as a player but you don't actually know where to start or how to do it.
- You know you have more to give but can't seem to unlock your full potential.
All of that time missed being out injured and sitting on the bench is time where you could have been shining and excelling on the pitch.
How different would your: Reputation, self-confidence, fitness level and bank balance be looking right now if you had been able to take action back then?
Let’s say this year you spend an average of £30 on physio/treatment per week (£1560 per year!) and you perform to the best of your ability about 65% of the time.
Your goal at the start of the season was to consistently be the standout player in matches and start generating interest from bigger clubs.
That means the gap between where you are currently and where you want to be is costing you:
- Career progression
- Most importantly your confidence and reputation
Every 6 months that passes is another 180 days of missed opportunity (and money down the drain).
Chris Smalling (Manchester United and England) – Maidstone United
Delli Alli (Tottenham Hotspur and England) – MK Dons
Jo Hart (Burnley FC and England) – Shrewsbury Town
You could try figuring it all out by yourself - paying for weekly personal training, personal coaching, massages and physio for a year.
However, we have created an all in one solution. A full season football specific strength & conditioning programme built around the Matchfit Method, and you can access it instantly.
..but we do only work with players who possess a certain mentality and ethos.
Below we have outlined some key qualities we believe a player must possess and work towards in order to be successful. If these resonate with you - you know you're in the right place :)
The Matchfit Method is the foundation of our programme.
Take a look below to see if you're in the right place.
- Constantly seek to stretch your zone of comfort.
- Nobody else knows how good you can become, it's up to you to explore your potential.
- Understand that there are no limits to your ability, the only limits that exist are in your mind.
- Be open to doing things smarter and with greater focus than almost every other player around you.
- Appreciate that greatness is achieved behind closed doors, away from your coach and team mates. It's down to you.
- Recognise that determination and dedication are as much of a talent as technical skill. There are no overnight successes.
- Realise that your world-class preparation starts with knowledge. To progress and develop you must be open to learning new ideas.
- Understand that you have a bottomless pit of potential. Everyone can want it, but it's another thing all together putting in the work to get there.
Your level of awareness is strongly correlated with your level of knowledge.
As your training knowledge continues to grow you will be better equipped to listen to your body and manage your schedule and training in the most optimal and effcicient way. You'll begin to realise that often, the most simple things are the most affective. Over complicating your training is a sure fire way to hinder your progress. There is always more than one correct answer, but your knowledge and awareness is what will aid you in doing what's right for you.
Believe it or not, in some scenarios the best thing is to DO NOTHING.
Simplicity in your training and schedule is key. Leave your ego at the door, master the key compound movements first - being an elite player does not mean you are elite in the gym.
The timing of your workouts is crucial to your progress. With increased awareness and knowledge, you can understand when the right time is to do each type of workout to keep yourself developing but also ensure you remain fresh for team training and matches.
Two players can have exactly the same workouts to complete within a week, but if one doesn't understand that timing is imperative, it can be completely detrimental to their performance level instead of enhancing it.
You'll hear alot of successful athletes say this...
'Trust the process'.
There are no overnight successes, there is no one workout which is going to dramatically improve your performance (which is why we never provide one off workouts, only programmes).
Success comes with doing the right things consistently over time and that includes allowing enough recovery time to adapt and grow. Trust that progress involves smart training, recovery, consistency and most importantly time. One injury prevention session isn't going to instantly stop you getting injured, but doing it consistently over time will.
Don't expect huge results within a very short window, the world is not a crazy enough place to instantly reward players who have started eating and training well for 2 weeks when they've been doing the opposite for the previous 17 years.
If you do the right things consistently over time - the results will show and your opponents will not be able to catch you.
This ties in heavily with trusting the process. You must realise that consistency is as much of a talent as technical and physical skill.
'Why?!' I hear you ask...
Because so few players are able to be consistent. It takes a very strong-minded player to create new habits and stick to something over time, when hardly any other players around them are doing the same thing. The talent to be able to do this will eventually set you apart from the rest.
Let's take Cristiano Ronaldo for example. You could train as hard as you like for the next year, but you will never get anywhere near his level of conditioning. You might get a body that looks like his, but internally it will not be the same - because it takes time and consistency for the body to repeatedly recover, adapt and grow.
So the key message really is don't hang around, if you want to one day be as conditioned as Ronaldo you need to start now.
And being consistent doesn't mean you have to train harder than everyone else, there's many occasions where it's actually better to cut your session in half to progress.
This is fundamental trait which every world-class footballer posesses.
You must have the ability to be brutally honest and reflect. You might have had a good game, but is 'good' going to be good enough? What can you do to further improve?
The best players will never have to tell anyone else how good they are, EVER.
Stay humble. Does Messi need to remind people he's world class? No, his performances do the talking, and people then tell him and everyone else how good he is.
So many players play the victim and think things should be handed to them on a plate, that there's a magic formula which they are entitled to...
I'm sorry to inform you that there isn't :( simply buying a programme and taking a look isn't going to get you results. You must apply it and commit 100%. That's when the magic happens.
You want to be worth £100,000 a week? How likely is it that a club is going to invest that into you, if you've never invested a penny into yourself?
Be honest. Be willing to do things differently to your team mates from now on.
What must you become to be worth £100,000 a week to a club?
By continuing your footballing career with us alongside, here's what you'll get:
- A tried and tested football specific strength and conditioning programme (including nutrition), that you can follow completely by yourself - season after season.
- Free updates of the programme for life
- A strong, resilient, winners mindset
- Increased knowledge and awareness of how to condition your body to an elite level (specifically for football)
- The peace of mind knowing that you are following a plan proven to produce results, and trusted by some of the worlds top players
- Consistency in your training and performances - month after month, year after year
- Our programme will keep you honest, motivated and driven. You can even ask our coaches for feedback via our facebook community page
- Ongoing support - we will keep you updated via email and social media with the latest football conditioning techniques to further enhance your knowledge. Our team are also here to help anytime, via our community, email and our website instant chat.