Hey it’s James, founder of Matchfit Conditioning.
I want to take a minute to let you know how we work here at Matchfit Conditioning and what to expect from us.
What you’ll find on this page is more about the philosophy of Matchfit Conditioning and then the steps you should be taking in order to get 'matchfit'.
And if you simply love learning about football conditioning, then here’s how you can make sure you're doing your best to avoid getting cramp during matches, here.
From the above 3 recommendations, you can probably tell what we are best known for:
- Helping you discover the small details that will give you a huge edge on the pitch over time.
- Helping you play with more energy week-in, week-out.
- Giving you a much better (and science-based) understanding of football conditioning…without complicated and confusing details.
In the meantime, I think it’s important you START HERE because it will help you determine whether or not Matchfit Conditioning is a good fit for what you're looking for.
At the same time, by telling you what we stand for and against, my hope is that we'll attract only the right “like-minded” players into our community.
So consider this our first training session, if you will.
If you like what we're all about and wish to go deeper, then that’s awesome. If not, that’s totally fine as well.
This is Much More Than Just a Football Strength & Conditioning Site:
You don’t need more information, and there's plenty of opinions flying around as well as training methods which work for other sports but not for football. You need the right information. More than that, you want someone in your corner supporting and encouraging you. That’s what Matchfit Conditioning is here to do for you. And as all the best coaches do from time to time, I’ll make sure you get the occasional kick in the butt to keep you on track.
If you want the “Gareth Bale Workout” or “How to Strike a Knuckle Ball” type of information, there are plenty of other generic sites that can provide that fun, click bait type of information.
Here, you’ll find detailed but simple articles on all aspects of football conditioning but with a unique Matchfit twist, as we always speak to you as an individual and as a player in everything we do.
With a strong educational background, over a decade of experience in sports science, 2 decades as a player, 10 years at a professional academy and specialising in football strength & conditioning as I battled with my own injury issues, I offer you unique perspectives on a variety football conditioning topics that you are not likely to find elsewhere.
Yet no matter the topic, I realise you’re most likely here because you want to improve some aspect of your physical or mental performance on the pitch – and even your life. And that’s brilliant because our no.1 objective is to help you BECOME THE BEST VERSION OF YOU!
We will give you strategies to help you train smarter, think clearer, feel more confident, look healthier and play with more energy, which will ultimately help you become the best version of yourself in every day life.
We're not here to tell you that you should play a certain way a certain way or that nobody elses training methods will work. That simply isn’t true. Our goal here at Matchfit Conditioning is to provide you with fundamental principles you can apply into your training and match day performances no matter the conditions, no matter your facilities.
The Matchfit Mindset:
What follows is what we as a company stand for (and against). We call it the “Matchfit Mindset":
- People will tell you that you can't, that it's impossible and that there's no point in trying. IGNORE THEM. Nobody else knows how good you can become.
- You've got to be willing to do things smarter and with greater focus and attention than all those other players around you.
- You have to believe that there are no limits to your ability.
- Determination and dedication is as much of a talent as physical skill.
- The intent, quality and efficiency in your training is the biggest determinant of your progress.
- Greatness is achieved behind closed doors, away from your coach and team mates.
- We all have a bottomless pit of potential. It's one thing to want it, it's another thing to put into practice what you must do to get there.
- Wanting to get better and knowing how to get better are two very different things.
- Be brave enough to explore movements and body shapes that feel different. You must stretch your zone of comfort.
- World-class preparation begins with knowledge. You must know exactly what you have to do to give yourself the best chance of performing to the best of your ability.
Does that resonate with you?
If you're nodding your head, then welcome home.
Who This Site Is For:
Now that you know what we’re all about, let me introduce you to our “Matchfit Tribe” so you get a better sense of the community we’re creating here.
But first, you should know that this is our passion and we're in this for the long haul. We're not spammers or an online business that won’t be around tomorrow. We've been around for a while and will be for a long time to come. In fact, my mission is to have educated 500,000 footballers by 2022. I'd love for you to be one of them.
Even though we want to help as many people as possible, this site is not right for everyone. If you’re expecting an overnight success, rather than hard work, dedication and perseverance, then this probably isn’t right for you. If you aren’t willing to put in the work, if you're always pointing the finger, then we aren't your man. If you’re obsessed with fancy haircuts and training your celebration more than your performance, then you’re in the wrong place.
This site for people who take 100% responsibility for their progress.
We love what we do and we understand that just like you, results come from our own efforts so we’re willing to do the work. We believe in learning, taking on feedback, doing, and trying our best…and that we can never fail as long as we keep moving forward.
Here’s What to Do Next:
If you’re still reading this, chances are you feel like you’re in the right place. You’ve had a taster of the Matchfit mindset and you like it. It’s so refreshing to be around other players who just 'get you' isn’t it?
With that said, I strongly encourage you to join our email list so you can get our best advice and recommendations delivered to your inbox several times per month.
To join the “Matchfit Tribe" enter your email address in the field at the bottom of this page.
If you want to learn more about us and how Matchfit Conditioning started you can do so here.
And while you’re here you might be interested in poking around the site to see what we’ve got going on. To help navigate you, here are some of our most popular posts and training programmes: